Jose Mourinho has said that it won’t be anything new if Manchester City beat Manchester United to claim the title on Saturday.
The Portuguese recalled that, while at Chelsea, he defeated the same Manchester United 3-0 to win the title in 2006.
Mourinho said he is not worried by the prospect of City winning the derby and claiming the title in the process.
Mourinho was in charge when his Chelsea team beat Sir Alex Ferguson’s United at Stamford Bridge to win the title.
He told reporters, “I won the title at Chelsea against Manchester United.
“We beat United 3-0 and we won the title at Stamford Bridge in 2005-06. But it was not the end of the world, Manchester United didn’t finish. It was just football.
“The only thing I can say is that we want to win, we don’t want to offer them the game.
“It is normal that you want to delay the champions becoming champions.
“We would like to beat them, we would like Spurs to beat them next week, we would like them to be champions as late as possible.
“That is normal in football but in this case obviously they are going to be champions because there is a very significant difference.”
Former Barcelona boss, Luis Enrique is now ready to move to London and is set to replace Antonio Conte as Chelsea manager.
Conte is under pressure after losing back-to-back Premier League matches against Bournemouth and Watford.
Chelsea are believed to have drawn up a list of potential replacements, with Enrique top on the list.
The Telegraph UK, reports that the 47-year-old is busily ‘preparing’ himself for a move to England.
Reports in Spain have also suggested that the former Roma manager has also drawn up a list of transfer targets and has made Luis Suarez his first priority.
He would relish the challenge of going up against old teammate Pep Guardiola, as well as Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea will stick with manager Antonio Conte until at least the end of the season.
Sky Sports News reports that Blues owner, Roman Abramovich, is against employing a short-term fix ahead of a busy few weeks of fixtures.
The Premier League champions will face both Manchester clubs in the Premier League and Barcelona over two legs in the Champions League last-16 in February.
Conte will be given time to turn the Blues’ fortunes around, after a poor run of form, that has seen the team lose back-to-back to Bournemouth at home and Watford away.
It is also understood that the board have not approached any possible replacement for the Italian.
Carlo Ancelotti and Luis Enrique are the two names that have been linked with the role at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea officials are blaming former manager, Jose Mourinho, for the club’s current problems.
An insider at Stamford Bridge, told The Mirror Chelsea problems came as a result of Antonio Conte’s feud with Jose Mourinho.
The reigning Premier League champions have endured a difficult spell, with a 3-0 home defeat to Bournemouth in midweek which was followed by Monday night’s humiliation by Watford at Vicarage Road.
The Blues had earlier exited the League Cup in the semi-final to Arsenal and had a run of five draws from the turn of the year.
The patchy form has coincided with a spat between Conte and former Chelsea manager Mourinho.
The pair exchanged barbs with the former Juventus boss referring to the Portuguese as “fake” and a “little man” after the Manchester United boss brought up allegations linking Conte to match-fixing.
The Mirror reports that some officials at Stamford Bridge believe Mourinho’s comments got under Conte’s skin and have had an impact on results.
It’s also claimed that club owner, Roman Abramovich wants Conte to end his war with Mourinho so that he can return his full focus to his team.
Pep Guardiola on Friday rubbished Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho’s concession of the Premier League title to his Manchester City side.
Mourinho told reporters that United are now playing for second place, after falling 15 points behind City.
But Guardiola feels the Portuguese is up to his famour mind games and warned his players against complacency ahead of Saturday’s trip to Burnley.
“Not yet. There are 13 games, 39 points to play (for), we have a 15-point lead so it’s not over.
“We have an amazing run of tough games to play, for example at Burnley.
“Everybody knows here in England how complicated it is playing in Burnley, and after we have to go to Stoke and Goodison Park.
“We have games against Arsenal, Tottenham, United, Chelsea…it’s definitely not over,” Guardiola said.
Premier league giants, Chelsea have reportedly begun looking at managers to replace the club’s coach, Antonio Conte.
According to The Times, Atletico Madrid manager, Diego Simeone is top of their shortlist to replace Conte.
The blues boss, who they expect to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, became an instant hero in west London after he won the Premier League title in his first season in England.
The 48-year-old Italian gaffer, who will have one year remaining on his contract come the summer, penned a new contract at Chelsea but did not extend its length.
While the club are not looking to sack Conte, there is an expectation that a mutual agreement will be reached over an exit, with the manager clearly unhappy by Chelsea’s transfer activity and structure.
Conte has been repeatedly linked with a move back to Italy and Inter Milan are said to be interested in securing his services.
Simeone has been at Atletico Madrid since 2011 and has helped the Spanish club win La Liga and reach two Champions League finals.
Also, according to the report, Maurizio Sarri and Massimiliano Allegri are alternatives to Argentine Simeone.
Liverpool have told Barcelona to pay £145million if they want to land Philippe Coutinho.
The fee would be the biggest for a player who does not have a release clause in his contract.
Jurgen Klopp’s squad flew out to Dubai on Friday night for a training camp without Coutinho, as negotiations over his move to Camp Nou continues.
The transfer would secure a staggering profit for the Anfield club, who bought Coutinho from Inter Milan for £8.5m in 2013.
Last summer, Barca went as high as £114m, but Liverpool refused to part with the Brazilian playmaker.
However, their stance has now softened, with Klopp refusing to rule out Coutinho’s departure when asked about the situation this week.